Dr. Rodrigo Salazar Gamarra is a Health & Technology Innovation Consultant for the Prime Minister’s Office Digital Governmental Secretariat in Perú and was awarded by the MIT Technology Review as a Humanitarian Innovator 2018 for Latin America for his actions as director and researcher of the “Plus Identity Institute (+ID)" in Sao Paulo – Brazil, which is a nonprofit organization that rehabilitates people with limited resources who have aftermath from cancer on their faces. He is the president of the Peruvian Chapter of +ID “Más Identidad Perú”.
Ph.D.(c) and MSc. from the Paulista University (UNIP). Is an associated researcher from the Centro Tecnologico da Informação Renato Archer (CTI), which is a public instance from the Ministry of Science, Technology, and Innovation of Brazil. Advisor in technological innovation and Maxillofacial Rehabilitation for the OREMA Foundation in Santiago de Chile, which is allied to the National Cancer Institute of Chile. He serves as President of the International Association of Anaplastology (IAA) 2020-2021 and as Vice President of the Latin American Society of Maxillofacial Rehabilitation 2018-2020. He coordinates the Digital Planning elective course in the “Universidad Peruana de Ciencias Aplicadas” and has a Specialized Clinical Practice in Lima.
His research and work, representing the Mais Identity team (+ID) and the Universidade Paulista (UNIP) was featured in traveling museum exhibitions in Portland, San Francisco, Boston, and Lima. Also, published articles and chapters of scientific books, presented at congresses on more than 150 occasions on 4 different continents and received coverage from more than 400 media translated into more than 37 countries. This includes Discovery Channel, BBC, National Geographic, Fox News, New York Post, Daily Mail, and others.
Book a conference
Check available dates to schedule a presentation.
Scolarships, competitive prizes and awards
- MIT Award: Innovators Under 35 Latin America 2018, MIT Technology Review 2018, Massachusetts, USA UU.
- Ambassador of Lima City 2019 - Lima Convention and Visitors Bureau
- Award for the best presentation of 2017, International Anaplastology Association (IAA), Minnesota, USA 2017.
- Gold Talent Award, given to the best professors of the Faculty of Health Sciences of the UPC. UPC 2014-II
- "Outstanding participation" during the internship period in the district of Chalaco, Morropón, Piura-Peru, receiving awards of "honor of merit", "Excellence", determined by the District Municipality, Executive Director of the governor's health network of the district, among others.
- Recognition of the Dean of the Faculty of Stomatology and Representative of Social Responsibility of the Faculty of Stomatology for the work of Social Responsibility carried out in Pre-degree.
- Merit honor resolved by the District Municipality of Chalaco, Morropón - Piura, Municipal Resolution NO.100-2010 / MDCH-A for the work carried out as an Intern in Stomatology during the period May - August 2010.
- Congratulations from the Executive Director of the Morropón - Chulucanas Health Network for the work carried out as an intern in dentistry at the SSS I-4 Chalaco, Morropón - Piura.
- Recognition of merit by the Dental College of Lima after having occupied the 2nd place in the Professional Academic School of Dentistry of the Peruvian University Cayetano Heredia - October 2011.
- "Excellence" in the work of Health Promotion considered by the Head of the Area of PROMSA and Environmental Health of the SSE. I-4 Chalaco, Morropón - Piura.
- “Excellence” in the work of Intern in Stomatology considered by the Governor of the District of Chalaco, Morropón - Piura– 2010.
- “Excellence” in the work of Intern in Stomatology considered by the Coordinator of the Local Educational Network of the District of Chalaco, Morropón - Piura– 2010.
- Recognition for the work carried out as an Intern in Stomatology in the Chalaco District, by the Micaela Bastidas' Mothers Club of the Chalaco District, Morropón - Piura.
- Recognition for the work carried out as an Intern in Stomatology in the Chalaco District, by the Peace Corps Organization - USA, assigned to the Chalaco District, Morropón - Piura.
- Recognition of excellence in the work carried out as an Intern in Stomatology in the District of Chalaco, by the Local Coordinator of the PRONAA of the District of Chalaco, Morropón - Piura
- Recognition in the work carried out as an Intern in Stomatology in the District of Chalaco, by the Local Coordinator of the PRONAA of the District of Chalaco, Morropón - Piura
- Recognition by the Lieutenant Governor of the village of Lanche, Chalaco District, Morropón - Piura.
- Acknowledgments and congratulations from the directors of the hamlets of the Chalaco District, Morropón - Piura: PRONOEI: Lanche. Educational Institution of Lanche Elementary and the Municipal Agents of the hamlets of the District of Chalaco, Morropón - Piura: El Naranjo, Cabuyal, Lanche, Nueva Alianza, Silahua, Rinconada, San Lorenzo, Sauce.
- Brazilian government scholarship CAPES-PROSUP as a full tuition exemption and living costs for the Ph.D. in Dentistry at the Paulista University (UNIP) -Brazil. SN-1678116
- Brazilian government scholarship CAPES-PROSUP as a complete tuition exemption for the Master of Dentistry at the Paulista University (UNIP) -Brazil. SN-1551286
- Scholarship for the international education program at the Universitair Medisch Centrum Groningen, University of Groningen in the Netherlands April 2010
- Scholarship of 25% in the undergraduate at the Peruvian University Cayetano Heredia (UPCH) during the academic semesters 2008-II and 2009-I for having obtained second place in the order of merit in the previous immediate academic semesters.
- 100% undergraduate scholarship at the Universidad Peruana Cayetano Heredia (UPCH) during the academic semesters 2009-II, 2010-I, 2010-II, 2010-III for having obtained an average higher than 18 in the previous immediate academic semesters.
- Economic fund provided by the Hipólito Unánue Foundation to the project "InVitro comparative study of the concentration of fluorides in seven fluorinated mouthwashes".